Thursday, October 3, 2013

Finding my yard.

We finally got our lot.  The lawyer hasn't sent the title yet, these things take time.We haven't got the building permit yet, I know, these thing take time. With no building permit, there is no electrical, pluming or gas permits. No permits means we can't start anything to do with building so we can't set a date with the company to move our modular. Winter is on the way.... tick tick.... fWe went down for a half day to meet the concrete guy start cleaning up the yard a bit.  The lady who sold me the lot said it was nicely treed.  It was closer to impenetrable forest.  It has been years since anyone has done anything. There was a corner where the back of the house will go that was solid bush. There was a beautiful huge double spruce hiding in a mess of willows and carrageenan. Here is a before picture.


 After about 3 hours with our new little chainsaw and some bush removed out corner looked a bit better, but there is still a whole lotta bush to take out of there.  Jim took the picture of the pile.I sure didn't do all that on my own. We took turns cutting and dragging the branches out of the way. It was fun! It was doing something besides hurry up and wait. It is a nice big lot, you can see the more tame back end behind me.  The property ends at about the farthest tree.



And here it is after the first of many hair cuts.


I simply love that beautiful old tree.  The truck is about three feet in diameter. I have a few plans about what I want to do with that wonderful old  tree but I will talk about that later. The modular will sit in all that all tall grass, but the grass will go away. 




I had gotten some girly work gloves for the day, but they weren't made for what we were doing.  Here is the right hand after just a few hours. When we go back I will get some real work gloves.



We took this one just for fun.  The chainsaw is battery operated and has a 12 inch saw. Not too scary but a great little machine. It really did the job. 


Now we wait and wait for permits and other people to put our life on their schedule. I really don't like having to wait for others to do what I want them to do.  It is unfortunate that the the lot is six hours from here. We would do more to make the yard tidy, but it is hard running back and forth and we have things we have to get done here in Edmonton.  This summer we have put over 13,000 kilometers on the vehicle and we are far from done. 

I'm not sure how we are going to dispose of our pile of branches and it it just the first of many. Since the pile is six hours away, I will not solve that problem tonight. 

Until next time. 


AKA Mrs. Clay


No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School