Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Lights are on But No One is Home.

The house finally arrived. It was something to see our new house and life driving down the road.






Those guys just backed that big old house up and gently placed it on the pad.  First try and it was right on spot. In no time at all we had our house but then needed to plug it in. I have never really thought about where the gas comes in, where the water comes in, how the lights go on. I have always just had them.  Simply walk into the warm kitchen and run the hot water. How hard could it be, now I know. Jim and I connected the house to the power. Well Jim did and I was go fer.




We were in Coutts Monday night to Thursday morning to get the house in place and the lights on. We go back Tuesday morning to get the water and the heat. We can stay in the house this time, and that will save a few bucks. We have put over 16,000 kilometers or about 10,000 miles on the car this summer, fall and now winter, running back and forth. To repeat myself redundantly over and over, I will be glad when we are settled.

This is how we left it.  The lights are on but no one is home.......  I have heard that before.



Until next time. 


AKA
Mrs. Clay



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Your new home! So happy for you and your new adventure. I'll come for a visit next year-put the coffee on!
Kathy

Teaching Blog Traffic School