Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mug Shots

September 23, 2009

My class at ACT starts tonight. I always enjoy them. It will fun to get out for a bit. I have been missing teaching. I am looking forward to when I start working with the kids. When I am working with the little ones I am the grown up that comes into the class, interrupts the normal day, and tells them to play in the mud. I do meet some children that really don’t want to get dirty. Sometimes it is a cultural thing and some kids are just cleaner than I ever have been or will be. I still find it hard to understand kids that don’t want to play in the mud. Lucky for me there on only a few of them.

I got up with my kids this morning. I am not sure if 18 and 20 can be called kids anymore, but I am thinking that my getting up with them won’t last long. John has to be at work at 7:00AM on Wednesdays, so if I get up with him at 5:45, work the day and then my night class; it will be a long day. Also at 18 and 20, if they can’t get themselves up, fed and out the door, it is time they learned how.

We are getting involved with Arts on the Avenue http://artsontheave.org/ We live just two blocks from 118th Avenue we are 40 blocks south of all the events, but we have been in the neighborhood for a long time. They have asked us before but we have always been too busy, or that has been the excuse. This weekend we will go see what it is all about. It will be good to meet the other artists, promote the studio and the Clay Teacher. It should be a good time. Art, music, food what more could you want, oh yeah... drink.

Every few months I make 50 mugs for a corporate client. I am writing this at 8:00 and they are sitting in the kiln at about 600 F. They have to be delivered today. It will be a bit of a push, but we will have them out and sanded by noon, we many not have any fingerprints left, but the kiln will be unloaded.

We got the kiln unloaded, the mugs delivered and kept our fingerprints. That will eliminate that life of crime I had in mind but here are some mugs shots.




No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School