Thursday, September 23, 2010

A bit of a slow week...

Clay for Kids wrote on the main page of their Edmonton website that The Clay Teacher was using their materials and ideas. They went on to say we were passing ourselves off as them. With our many years of experience with clay and teaching, I really want everyone to know who we are. I wrote in my last blog that we are very much The Clay Teacher and put a link to this blog on our front page so anyone that might have been confused or had any questions could read it. What I find interesting is that very few people read it. I guess they are not too confused. We are almost booked solid for the upcoming year and it is only September. Teachers know we are The Clay Teacher and they are booking us. We are looking forward to a busy fun year.


I played this week. I did make some new projects earlier in the week, some of them are online and we will get the rest up Sunday morning. Then I took some time and I played in the clay. I have joined the sculpture group at Harcourt House. We meet every Monday night and just sculpt. I really enjoy it. Here are a few pictures of what I was working on. When I made the Indian I was thinking about New Orleans and Mardi Gras and the lady is just a lady that is not all that happy. I will play tomorrow then I have to get to work before The Clay Teacher kicks in. We have two large wholesale orders to get out and three weeks to get it done because once we start Clay Teachering I don’t want to do the production after supper. … "The old grey mare just ain’t" …. well you know the how the song goes. I enjoyed playing with the faces, but they are not quite there yet. I have ordered an instructional DVD from this fellow, now he is a sculptor. http://philippefaraut.com/ Take a moment and check out his site. If you would like to see him sculpting, click through as if you were going to buy a DVD and you will find a series of little movies of him working. It's great to see.

Until the next time.
Cindy






No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School