Friday, June 8, 2012

Let your thoughts be known.


We have been doing a number of workshops with the younger children. They sometimes blur together and often all I see is the clay project and not the bright little face behind it.  But as with the older ones, one little spark always stands out. We were with the Kinders yesterday and one little girl was very excited to see us.  She was all smiles, had lots of good questions and got right down to work.  We were making Dad and Me plaques that are just that, Dad and the child who is making it.  She was working on dad’s face and she told me that her dad had a beard. On another ball of clay I showed her how to draw on a beard. She told me she didn’t want to put a beard on dad, she didn’t like dad’s beard, and she was just telling me that dad had one.  She went on to say that she never put dad’s beard on his face when she drew or made a picture of her dad because she her thought dad should get rid of his beard.  I doubt very much dad will shave his beard for his pretty little girl, but he knows what she thinks.

Until next time.

Cindy Clarke
The Clay Teacher 

No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School