Monday, March 18, 2013

How do I get people to read what I have to say???


Today we went to Evansview.  It is a small rural school about 100 K west of here.  We are doing the entire school body, K through 6 over two days.  It’s the third year in a row we have gone  to work with all the students and every year we have done the Air Dry Method.  There are still a lot of people that think decorative pieces need to be fired.  I was talking to a group of kids before the workshops started. They all remembered us from last year. I asked them if they still had the things they made last year, they all did but one boy. When I asked him what happened to his camel, he told me it broke.  After a bit of conversation, he told me it broke when his dad moved the TV and it fell on the floor.  That is not a problem of Air Dry or fired, either way clay won’t bounce worth a darn.

I sent out my March News Letter this morning before we went out of town. I am not sure how to get people to read News Letters, emails or blogs for that matter. My letters, on a good day,will have about 15 to 20% open rate. I try to make them interesting with pictures of new projects, painting tips,  new products available and what we are up to. Like when we went to Toronto to The Canadian Toy and Hobby Fair to introduce our Craft Kits and got found an agent to promote them. Today I had pictures of six new projects just in time for Mother's and Father's day and I reminded teachers of the Teacher Pack class kits we introduced at the conventions. At convention they were very interested so I thought they would like to be reminded, however, they have to read the email. I think the people that have The Clay Teacher come and visit them would benefit from the News Letter. I know everyone is busy, but I do wish they would read them. Here are the new projects from the News Letter. 

 

 

 


Here is the Teacher's Pack. It is a kit that the teacher can have a workshop in their class anytime they like. The kit has everything they need to make the projects along with fun, step by step instruction how to.


Now we are moving into streaming http://everydayisclayday.com/. With streaming you can have a  a Clay Day where ever and when ever you like. We are doing our best to make every day Clay Day!

If you would like to on my mailing list, just let me know, cindyclarke@theclayteacher.com

Cheers,
Cindy Clarke
The Clay Teacher

No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School