Friday, April 19, 2013

Another week has flown by.

It has been a busy last few days…. or should I say daze. Last Thursday we made Lady Bugs with grade 2 and then set up the Make It show

 It was a good show.  I like doing that show, the vendors and the people who put it on are great.  The crowds are there and we sell stuff. For the past couple of years, out side of the Edmonton Folk Fest vendor tent, I have not made pots. We were at the show over the weekend and the want to make lots and lots of pots came back.  I have made literately tens of tons of clay into pots and I used to think that there was a finite amount of pots one person could make, however, I was wrong. I just needed some time off. This summer, when The Clay Teacher is taking some time off, The Potter,
http://www.outofthefirestudio.com/   will return, hopefully for good.  I need to find a balance between The Clay Teacher and The Potter . I was all potter and no teacher for years, for the past five years, I have been all teacher and very little potter. Those two girls are going to have  to learn to live together. When the want to make pots  left me, it was just like someone had moved out of my life, actually left the building. When the want to make pots came back, it was like that same person/friend had returned home. I was soo glad to see them and so happy they did. However it will be awhile before they get to make pots, or we get to visit. 

Last Friday we had four workshops.  Four in one day is always a little crazy.That Friday night we worked the Make It show. Saturday and Sunday at the show were good, lots of people and the sales were pretty good.  We have a new product with the craft kits and a new product is sometimes is a hard sell.  Education is a big part of what we do. I sometimes think we should be a food vendor. The cookie lady sold a whole lotta cookies.  I won't tell you how many  wonderful cookies I had last weekend.

Monday was 88 kinders making roses. Tuesday was 75 Grade 6 making family groups. Wednesday was only a “oner” with a wonderful teacher we have worked with for years and we made Mom and Me, a great little plaque for Mother’s day. Thursday we made 52 Roses for Mom and today we finished off the week of  67 Mom and Me plaques.




It was fun because all the kids had Mom come and they made the plaque together.  A good time for everyone!



This weekend I have some books to do and taxes to file, but before I do that we are going to the local car show to see all the new cars and drool.  It might be a while before the potter gets to make some pots,  but at least she came back home!




Cindy Clarke
The Clay Teacher
www.theclayteacher.com
www.funclayprojects.com
www.everydayisclayday.com



No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School