Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dancing as fast as I can.

I started blogging again with every intention of posting three or four entries a week.  We go to a different school every day and teach from pre K to grade 12.  Mainly we work with K to 6. We talk to over 8,000 kids a year and everyday something or someone really stands out. I started this blog to share all that, however these last while has been busy. There are just not enough hours in the day.  It is an old saying, but true.

We are potters as well as teachers, http://www.outofthefirestudio.com and have been getting ready for The Edmonton Folk Festival.  I talked about it a few posts ago. I wanted to add pictures of the finished entries, but we packed them up and delivered them before I remembered to take the pictures.  We will get them back in a few weeks and I can add the shots then.  This weekend we have a trade show called Make It http://makeitproductions.com/edmonton/welcome-to-make-it/ where we will be selling our craft kits http://funclayprojects.com/.  

We have been selling some school kits.   
With the workshops everyday, the pots to be made, kits to assemble I just have not been blogging as much as I would like.  I did do a fun thing for a boy in university. If you asked him he would say he is a man.  He is working on an engineering assignment based on a beer culture.  See I told you he was a boy. He designed the mugs on his pc and I made them. It was fun to invent.  I have made a lot of mugs over the years and I never thought I would say I had fun making a mug, but I have always liked the invention side of working with clay. They are about 7 inches tall and turned out great.  He will finish them, so I sold them wet. A first for me.


 Today we work with Grade 2 making Lady Bugs, and then after lunch we set the trade show.











Cindy Clarke
The Clay Teacher
www.theclayteacher.com
www.funclayprojects.com
www.everydayisclayday.com






No comments:

Teaching Blog Traffic School